About Historic Environment Scotland
- We are here to safeguard the nation's historic environment and promote its understanding and enjoyment for present and future generations.
- We look after over 300 properties including 77 paid-for attractions including Edinburgh Castle, Stirling and Urquhart castles.
- We care for properties in every part of Scotland and they range from standing stones and brochs to abbeys and cathedrals.
- Historic Scotland is a sub brand of Historic Environment Scotland.
- Historic Scotland members get free entry to our properties and over 400 daytime events.
- We have a tremendously skilled staff – ranging from archaeologists, art historians, conservators and craftsmen, to guides, custodians and key keepers.
- We are a public heritage body charged with caring for, protecting and promoting the historic environment.
Work for us
As a member of staff at Stirling Castle, you have an important role to play in one of the top visitor attractions in the country. We advertise jobs at Stirling Castle and elsewhere at Historic Environment Scotland on our dedicated jobs website.
Find out more about the benefits of working with us, our values and working hours on the Historic Environment Scotland website.